Fish Curry Recipe
- 250 gms white fish, cut into about 1 inch pieces (I used Basa)
- 2 onions, cut into quarters
- 4 dried red chillies
- 1/2 inch piece of ginger
- 3-4 garlic cloves
- 2 tbsp of oil
- 1/4 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/4 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp garam masala powder
- 1/2 cup chopped tomatoes (I've used tomatoes from a can)
- 1/4 tsp kashmiri chilli powder
- Salt to taste
- Chopped green chilli and coriander for garnish
- Grind the onions, dried red chillies, garlic cloves and ginger to a paste. Keep aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan. Add the mustard seeds and let them sputter. Reduce the heat to low and add the onion paste to the pan. Add the turmeric powder and coriander powder and mix well. Cook for 3-4 minutes (Add a couple of tbsps of water if you find the mixture dry).
- Stir in the chopped tomatoes. Add the fish pieces and gently combine together. Add in the Kashmiri chilli powder and garam masala powder along with one and a half cups of water (or more if required). Season with salt and cover and cook for 10 minutes or until the fish is cooked and starts to flake.
- Garnish with chopped fresh green chillies and fresh coriander leaves.
Source: Mukta's Food Diaries
Fish Curry Recipe Reviewed by kuji hara on Thursday, April 20, 2017 Rating: