- 2 lb 4 oz live mud crab
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 red chilli, thinly sliced
- 1/2 tsp crushed garlic
- 1/4 tsp white pepper
- Oil, for deep-frying
- 4 tbs each all-purpose and rice flours
- 3 tsp superfine sugar
- 1 tsp ground white pepper
- Place crab in the freezer for 2 hours, or until dead (most humane way to kill). Remove from freezer and scrub clean. Snap off apron from underbelly, twist off legs and claws, and pull body apart, removing internal organs and gills. Chop bodies into fourths and crack claws with cleaver.
- Combine egg with chilli, garlic, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and white pepper in a large bowl. Add crab, cover, and refrigerate overnight.
- To make seasoning mix, sift al ingredients together on a large plate and then dip crab pieces in it, shaking off any excess.
- Heat oil in a wok and deep-fry claws for 7-8 minutes, body portions for 3-4 minutes, and legs for 2 minutes, Drain on paper towels and serve
Source: Filipino Recipes
Share It To Your Friends!