Filipino Adobong Pusit Recipe
- 3/4 kilo small to medium sized Pusit (Squid)
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 small bay leaf
- 1/4 tsp. ground pepper
- 3-4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1/4 cup water
- 3 tbsp. cooking oil
- 1 small onion thinly sliced
- 2 pcs. red hot chili pepper (optional)
- Pull out the transparent (plastic-like) backbone from the body and its "teeth".
- You may pull out the tentacles if you wish to separate it from its body(optional)
- Wash the squids.
- Sauté garlic and onions in a saucepan
- Add squid with the vinegar, ground pepper, salt, sugar, bay leaf, and water.
- Cook over low heat until squid is tender. Do not overcook.
- You may add a little more salt or sugar depending on your taste.
Source: Lahat Sarap
Filipino Adobong Pusit Recipe Reviewed by kuji hara on Tuesday, April 04, 2017 Rating: