- ¼ cup golden raisins
- 4 Tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup finely chopped celery
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 medium eggplant, cut into ½-inch cubes
- 1 cup diced and seeded plum tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon tomato paste
- 1 Tablespoon capers
- 10 green olives pitted and chopped
- 2 Tablespoon red wine vinegar
- Salt and pepper
- 2 Tablespoons pine nut, toasted
- 2 Tablespoons parsley
- Soak the raisins in water for 10 minutes and drain.
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat and add 2 Tablespoons olive oil. Add celery, onion and garlic and cook until softened. Transfer to a bowl.
- In the same skillet, heat 2 Tablespoons olive oil and add the eggplant and cook, stirring often until lightly browned. Add the celery mixture along with the tomatoes, tomato paste, olives, capers, raisins, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper. Bring to boil, reduce heat and simmer about 15 minutes, until thickened. Remove from heat, adjust the seasoning, add the pine nut and parsley
Source: Citron Limette
Share It To Your Friends!