- 12 pieces Chocnut
- 4 tablespoons water
- 6 plantain bananas (saba), sliced lengthwise
- lumpia wrappers
- 1 cup brown sugar
- Place 12 pieces Chocnut in a bowl. Using a fork, mash Chocnut until powdery. Slowly add 4 tablespoons water and mix to form a paste; set aside.
- Slice 6 plaintain bananas (saba) in half lengthwise. Place a lumpia wrapper on a flat surface. Place a saba half in the center and add 1 tablespoon Chocnut paste on top. Fold the sides of the wrapper in and roll tightly to form the turon. Dab the edges of the wrapper with water to seal.
- Repeat process to make 12 rolls.
- Heat 2 cups oil in a skillet over medium heat. Carefully add turon pieces, then sprinkle 1 cup
- brown sugar on top. Flip the rolls to coat in melted sugar. Once turon turns golden brown, remove from heat and place on a rack to drain. Let cool for a few minutes to allow
- sugar coating to harden.
Source: Joy Bites
Share It To Your Friends!