- 2 pieces bangus (milkfish) or other white fleshed fish like sea bass
- 2/3 cup palm vinegar or any white vinegar
- 2 tsp sea salt flakes
- 1 tsp black pepper corns - cracked
- 4 cloves (or more) garlic - smashed
- Ask your fishmonger to butterfly or fillet your fish.
- Combine all the other ingredients and stir until the salt is dissolved.
- Put in a non-reactive container (plastic, glass, or ceramic) and marinate the fish in it for at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Remove from marinade and drain briefly.
- Heat oil in a frying pan on medium-high heat. Pan fry the fish about 3-4 minutes on each side. Serve hot with steamed rice.
Source: English Patis
Share It To Your Friends!