Crunchy Fried Shrimp Recipe
- 2lbs peeled jumbo shrimp
- Crisco shortening, melted in deep fryer (till full by manufacturer standards)
- 2⁄3cup flour
- 1 1⁄3cups cornstarch
- 1⁄2teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2teaspoon baking powder
- 6egg whites
- 2⁄3cup water
- 4 tablespoons vegetable oil
- corn flake crumbs
- In a medium bowl, stir flour, cornstarch, salt, baking powder, egg whites, water and oil together with a whisk.
- Pour out a liberal amount of cornflake crumbs on a dinner plate.
- Roll each shrimp well into batter mixture and quickly roll in cornflake crumbs.
- Deep fry shrimp about 7 at a time till golden brown.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve with cocktail and/or tartar sauce.
Crunchy Fried Shrimp Recipe Reviewed by kuji hara on Wednesday, April 26, 2017 Rating: