Corned Beef And Cabbage Recipe
- (1) 3 – 3 1/2 lb. corned beef brisket with seasoning packet (discard liquid from package). I used Wellshire Farms First Cut Brisket.
- 1 lb. fingerling potatoes (halve if large in size)*
- 2 medium carrots, cut into 2″ chunks
- 2 medium parsnips, peeled and cut into 2″ chunks
- 4 cups water or enough to cover the corned beef
- 1 medium head cabbage, cut into (8) large wedges
SLOW COOKER METHOD:
- Place corned beef in the bottom of the slow cooker.
- Place the potatoes, carrots, and parsnips around the corned beef, then add enough water to cover the corned beef.
- Cook on low 8-10 hours or until tender.
- Add the cabbage wedges during the last 20 minutes of cooking time to avoid overcooking.
- Place the corned beef and water in the pressure cooker. Seal the lid and cook at high pressure for 1 hour. Use the quick pressure release and remove the lid when it’s safe to do so. Add the potatoes, carrots, parsnips, and cabbage. Cook on high pressure for another 20-30 minutes, or until the vegetables are the desired doneness.
- Serve and enjoy!
Source: Flavor The Moments
Corned Beef And Cabbage Recipe Reviewed by kuji hara on Thursday, April 20, 2017 Rating: