- 2 lbs jumbo shrimp, peeled, deveined
- 1 stick butter, unsalted
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup chicken broth, low sodium mixed with 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon red curry powder
- 2 teaspoons creole seasoning
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- 2 teaspoons crushed garlic
- green onions to garnish
- hot rice to serve
- crusty bread for dipping
- Mix seasoning blend together and set aside.
- In a large pan add olive oil and butter over medium heat.
- Season shrimp with half the spice blend.
- Add shrimp and crushed garlic to pan and cook about 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Add coconut milk and heavy cream to pan, season with remaining seasoning blend, mix well.
- Add stock that’s mixed with cornstarch to pan.
- Bring to boil, reduce heat and allow mixture to simmer for about 7 minutes or until thickened.
- Garnish with green onions and serve over hot rice with crusty bread for dipping.
Source: Creole Contessa
Share It To Your Friends!