Chicken Vegetable Stir Fry Recipe
- 2 lb. boneless skinless chicken breast, raw
- 1 lb. package frozen chopped vegetables (I used a mix of broccoli, cauliflower and carrots)
- 3 tablespoon light soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon honey
- ½ teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons refined coconut oil (unrefined will taste too coconutty)
- 1 medium onion, chopped (6oz)
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon minced ginger root
- 2 teaspoons sesame oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame seeds for garnish
- Cube the chicken breast into 1-inch cubes. Set aside.
- Place the frozen vegetables in a large, microwave-safe bowl. Add 2 tablespoons water, cover and microwave 3 minutes. Stir, cover again, and microwave 2 more minutes or until just tender. Drain and set aside.
- Prepare the sauce: In a small bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey, red pepper flakes and cornstarch. Set aside.
- In a large, deep skillet, heat the coconut oil over medium-high heat, about 2 minutes. Add the onions and cook, stirring often, until translucent but not browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken breast cubes and stir-fry until no longer raw, turning the chicken pieces so that they are cooked on all sides, about 5 minutes.
- Add the garlic and ginger and cook, stirring, 1 minute.
- Add the vegetables and the sauce. Cook, stirring gently, until everything is well-coated and sauce thickens, 2-3 minutes.
- Off heat, drizzle with the sesame oil and sprinkle with the sesame seeds. Serve immediately.
Source: Healthy Recipes
Chicken Vegetable Stir Fry Recipe Reviewed by kuji hara on Monday, April 17, 2017 Rating: