- 1/2 Kg Fresh Chicken Liver
- 1 1/2 tsp Ginger-Garlic paste
- 1 big Onion finely chopped
- 2 Green Chillies finely chopped
- ½ cup desiccated Coconut (optional)
- 1 tsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Coriander powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 Tbsp Oil
- 5 – 6 Curry leaves
- 1 tsp Cumin seeds
- Lots of freshly chopped Coriander
- Juice of 1 Lemon
- Clean and wash the Livers and keep them aside. Heat oil in a pan and add the Cumin seeds and Curry leaves and let them splutter.
- Add the Onions, green chillies and Ginger Garlic paste and cook till the Onions turn dark brown in color.
- Keep stirring the mixture to ensure the Onions don’t burn but get a nice even texture. If you are using the Coconut add it now and cook until a little brown.
- At this stage add the Livers to the Onion and then add the Red chilli powder, Turmeric powder, Coriander powder and Salt. Add the chopped coriander and a cup of Water. Cover the lid of the pan and let them cook for around 10 minutes.
- The consistency we are looking for is nice and thick. The water should evaporate, and the masalas should coat the Livers very nicely. Add the Lemon Juice after switching the gas off.
- You can serve this dish with hot chapatis, or have them on their own with some drinks. Another way to serve them is on thick slices of bread at Cocktail parties. Enjoy !!!
Source: Just A Girl From Aamchi Mumbai
Share It To Your Friends!