- 8 oz. Beef Shank or Chuck
- 2 red skin potatoes
- 1 carrot, peeled, whole
- 1 onion, whole
- 1 qt. water, cold
- 1 corn on the cob, 1 inch slices
- ¼ t. thyme
- 1 bay leaf
- ½ c. parsley sprig
- ¼ c. green cabbage, 1” dice
- ¼ c. zucchini Squash -- 1" cubes
- ½ T. Lime Juice
- TT. Salt and Pepper
- 1 T. cilantro, chopped
- Sachet d'epice
- Wash and rinse beef and all whole vegetables. Place in a large pot with cold water. Add sachet d'epice. Add the corn and cabbage, salt and pepper
- Bring to a simmer over low heat, simmer until all ingredients are cooked and tender.
- As ingredients become tender, remove them from the pot, place them on a half sheet pan and let them cool.
- After all ingredients have been removed, strain the beef stock, season and reduce until very flavorful.
- Remove fat and cartilage from beef, dice the meat in to 1/2" cubes and reserve.
- Cut all vegetables in to 1" cubes and reserve.
- Place cubed zucchini squash, all reserved vegetables and meat, back into the stock, bring to a simmer. Taste, adjust seasoning if necessary.
- Add lime juice and cilantro just before serving.
Source: From My Kitchen To Yours
Share It To Your Friends!