- 1 kg beef ribs, cut into cubes
- 1 kg beef brisket, cut into cubes
- 6 cups water
- 1 tbsp salt
- 1 tbsp whole black peppercorn
- 1 tsp freshly ground pepper
- 1 head of garlic, whole, top trimmed + 1 head of garlic, minced
- 2 tbsp EVOO
- 1 stick of butter
- 2 medium sized red onions, diced
- 500 g potatoes, peeled and cut into 1 inch cube
- 4 carrots, peeled and cut into 1 inch thick
- 1 large green capsicum, deseeded and cut into square (1 inch), about 2 cups
- 2 cups green peas
- 2 packs Mama Sita Caldereta Mix
- 2 Reno liver spread
- 100 g sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- Pressure cook the beef in water, salt, whole black peppercorn and 1 whole head of garlic for 45 minutes. Cool before opening the lid. Transfer the beef in one container and strain the stock. Discard the spices. Pop the stock in the fridge for a good 2 hours until the fat forms a crust on top. Skim off the fat and discard. Warm the stock over low heat. Set aside.
- In a large, deep pot, melt the butter with EVOO over medium heat. Add the minced garlic and saute for 2 minutes until lightly browned. Be careful not to burn the garlic and the butter. Add the onion and crank up the heat to high. Saute occasionally for another 3 minutes until the onion is semi-translucent. Add the cooked beef, potato, liver spread, 4-5 cups of stock and Mama Sita Caldereta Mix. Bring to a boil for 2-3 minutes then turn down the heat to medium. Cover the pot and stir occasionally until the potato is almost cooked, about 10 minutes. Add carrots and simmer for another 5 minutes. Taste for seasoning. Add the ground pepper and salt as needed.
- When the potatoes and carrots are cooked, add the capsicum, green peas and cheese just before you turn off the heat. Serve hot with steamed rice.
Source: Haidee's Kitchen
Caldereta Recipe Reviewed by kuji hara on Monday, April 17, 2017 Rating: