- 3 pounds of 1" dice pork shoulder
- 1 teaspoon of ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon of ground chipotle powder
- 3 carrots ½" dice
- ½ red onion ½" dice
- 3 stalks of celery ½" dice
- 2 Gala apples, ½" dice
- 3 cloves of garlic finely chopped
- 2 cups of Brussels Sprouts quartered
- ½ head of kale thinly sliced
- 1 Tablespoon of chopped fresh thyme
- 2 Tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 liter of chicken stock
- 2 Tablespoons of grainy Dijon mustard
- 1 Tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- ½ cup of rice flour
- 1 cup of water
- Toss the pork in the cumin, chipotle powder salt and pepper. Heat up a pan with the olive oil and sear the meat until all sides are browned. Add to the slow cooker and add the chopped carrots, onions, and celery to the pan.
- Sauté the vegetables for a couple of minutes and then add to the slow cooker as well. Add in the chicken stock, vinegar, thyme, and mustard, mix around and then put the lid on. Depending on what crock pot you own, it could take anywhere from 2-4 hours to cook the pork until the pork falls apart.
- When there is about 15 minutes left, make a slurry out of the rice flour and water and add to the stew. add in the chopped kale and Brussels sprouts and put on the lid. Cook for another 10-15 minutes. Serve over rice or quinoa, or by itself.
Source: Fresh Menu Planner
Share It To Your Friends!