- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound ground beef
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion chopped
- 5 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 carrot, chopped
- 1 tablespoon and 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 2-3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- 28 oz can canned whole plum tomatoes
- 1 cup beef broth
- 1 can black beans
- salt to taste
- grated cheddar cheese
- green onions
- sour cream
- Heat vegetable oil in a large skillet, add ground beef and cook until browned and all juices came out on medium heat covered – about 10-15 minutes. Drain from grease and juices.
- In a large pan, heat olive oil on medium heat, add onions and garlic, cook for about 3 minutes, add carrot and continue cooking for 2 more minutes, stirring.
- Add cumin, paprika, chili powder, Italian seasoning to the onion mixture and continue cooking, stirring, to mix everything well. Add cooked and drained ground beef from step 1.
- Add canned tomatoes with juices, slicing tomatoes into small chunks before adding. Add beef broth. Bring mixture to boil and cook covered on low heat, simmering, for 1 hour.
- After 1 hour, add black beans, salt and continue cooking for 20 more minutes, covered.
- To serve, top with grated cheddar cheese, chopped green onions and sour cream.
Source: Julia's Album
Share It To Your Friends!