- 2 pound rack of pork spare ribs
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
Step Three, 10 minutes:
- 1/3 cup favorite barbecue sauce
- Preheat the oven to 250F.
- Cut ribs into 2 sections so you can fit the racks in a foil tray. Rub salt and sugar all over the ribs and wrap tightly in tinfoil. Place the foil packets in a foil tray and bake for 3 hours.
- Heat the oven to 500F. Remove the ribs from their foil packets. Pour any liquid out of the foil tray.
- Mix all spices together and rub all over the warm ribs. Return the ribs to the foil tray (not wrapped in tinfoil).
- Roast for 8 to 10 minutes, being careful not to burn the sugar.
- Preheat the grill to medium-high (direct heat).
- Slice the ribs into sections about 3 to 4 ribs wide. Place the ribs on the grill, bone side down. Reduce the grill's heat to medium.
- Brush the top of the ribs with sauce and close the grill for 4 minutes. Flip and brush with sauce. Close the lid and grill for 4 minutes.
- Flip and brush one more time, closing the lid for several minutes more. Remove from the grill and serve.
Source: Rise And Shine
Share It To Your Friends!