Baked Cheesy Calderata Recipe
- 500g beef chunks
- 1/2 cup liver spread
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup green olives
- 2 pcs red bell pepper, seeded and sliced
- 2 pcs medium sized potatoes, peeled and sliced
- 1 pc carrot, peeled and sliced
- 1 pc red onion chopped
- 3 gloves garlic, minced
- 2 bay leaves
- 1/2 tsp. paprika
- salt and pepper to taste
- 2 tbsp oil
- 1 cup quick melting cheese
- 1/2 cup saltine crackers , crushed
- spring onions for garnish
- In a pot, saute onions and garlic and half of the red bell pepper. Add beef chunks. Let brown.
- Add enough water to cook beef for about 2 hours or more, or until tender over low heat.
- Then add tomato sauce and liver spread. Add olives, carrots, potatoes, bell pepper, bay leaves. Season with salt, pepper and paprika.
- Simmer for a few minutes and add a little hot sauce.
- Transfer to a baking dish and top with grated cheese and crushed crackers and brown in the oven or broiler. Garnish with spring onions.
Source: Idol Sa Kusina
Baked Cheesy Calderata Recipe Reviewed by kuji hara on Wednesday, April 12, 2017 Rating: