- 6 chicken breast, boneless, skinless
- 12 slices bacon
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon crushed garlic
- 1 tablespoon creole seasoning
- 1/2 tablespoon black pepper
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 tablespoon onion powder
- 1/2 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/2 tablespoon paprika
For the Teriyaki Sauce:
- 1/2 cup Kikkoman Less Sodium Soy Sauce
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/4 cup crushed pineapple
- 1 cup water
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon ginger powder
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- Add all Teriyaki ingredients to sauce pot, bring to boil, reduce heat, simmer about 5 minutes and set aside to cool.
- Rinse chicken and pat dry.
- Mix seasoning blend together and set aside.
- Coat chicken in olive oil, spices, and half the teriyaki marinade.
- Marinate chicken in the refrigerator at least 30 minutes are overnight.
- Wrap chicken in bacon and place on a baking sheet.
- Sprinkle brown sugar on top of chicken and bake at 400 degrees for 35 minutes, broil for 5-10 minutes to crisp the chicken skin.
- Baste with more teriyaki sauce and serve.
Source: Creole Contessa
Share It To Your Friends!