- 1 pc red onion, diced
- 3 pcs tomatoes, diced
- 1 tbsp tomato paste
- 1 whole chicken cut into pieces
- 1 1/2 lbs pork loin (fat trimmed), cut into 1-inch cubes
- 200g squid, cut into rings
- 500g white rice, sticky
- 4-6 cups itag broth
- 1 large pinch kasubha threads
- 200g mussels in shell
- 200g clams
- 200g shrimp, shell on
- 2 pcs red bell pepper, strips
- 1 bunch string beans
- 10 pcs squash flower
- 4 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pc lime wedges
- banana leaf
- bunch of spring onions for garnish
- Saute onions, tomatoes in oil and butter. Then add the chicken pieces and brown it.
- Add squid and cook for a minute.
- Place the rice and toss, making sure rice is coated with the oil.
- Slowly add the itag broth and kasubha until everything is covered. Spread the meat and vegetables making sure everything is even.
- Arrange the rest of the seafood around the pan. Simmer.
- When the rice is almost cooked, add the bell peppers, string beans, squash flower on top and cover with banana leaf.
- Garnish with spring onions and lemon wedges.
Source: Idol Sa Kusina Recipe
Share It To Your Friends!