Vietnamese Coffee Ice Cream Recipe
- 1 (14-ounce/400 g) can evaporated milk
- 1 (14-ounce/400 g) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1 1/2 cups (355 ml) heavy cream
- 2 ounces (60 g) coffee beans, ground (see note above)
- Seeds scraped from 1 vanilla bean, or 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- Generous pinch of fine-grain sea salt
- TOPPINGS: Fine ground coffee, sea salt, store-bought caramel
- Combine the evaporated milk, condensed milk, cream, coffee, vanilla, and salt in a saucepan set over medium heat. Cook, whisking often, until the mixture begins to steam. Remove from the heat and let steep for 20 minutes.
- Using a fine-meshed strainer or a coffee filter, strain the liquid into a bowl. Cover and chill for at least 3 hours, but preferably overnight. Freeze according to your ice cream maker’s directions.
- To serve, top the Vietnamese Coffee Ice Cream with a pinch of ground coffee, caramel and a pinch of sea salt.
Source: Steamy Kitchen
Vietnamese Coffee Ice Cream Recipe Reviewed by kuji hara on Monday, March 20, 2017 Rating: