- 4-5 slices of Tuna
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup cooking oil
- 5 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced into rings for garnish
- 1/2 cup water
- 4 tbs soy sauce
- 1 tbs lime juice
- 1/4 tsp pepper steak
- In a wide shallow bowl, mix the flour and salt.
- Pat dry the fish steaks and coat with the flour mixture. Make sure the fish is evenly coated.
- Remove excess oil and drop into the hot skillet with oil. Shallow fry one side for about 3 minutes or until browned then turn over to cook the other side.
- Remove from pan and transfer into a plate with paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Do the same for the rest of the fish pieces.
- In another pan wide enough to place all fish pieces in a single layer, heat 1 tbs oil then add garlic and onion. cook until garlic is browned and onion slightly translucent.
- Add the soy sauce, lime juice and pepper steak. Let simmer for about 3 minutes. Add the water and cook until the sauce is boiling. Lower the heat to simmer.
- Put the fish steaks in the simmering sauce. After 2 minutes turn over the fish to cook the top side.
- Let simmer for about 5 minutes then turn off the heat.
- Transfer into a serving bowl. Garnish with fresh onion rings. Serve with hot steamed or garlic rice. Enjoy!
Source: My Expat Mom
Share It To Your Friends!