- 400g chicken breasts, cut into chunks
- 250ml chicken stock
- 400ml coconut milk (1 tin)
- water (optional)
- 2-3cm galangal (or ginger), sliced
- 2 lemongrass stalks, bruised
- 2 shallots
- 3 kaffir lime leaves
- 150g shitake mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp fish sauce
- juice of 1 lime
- 2-3 Birdseye chillies, finely sliced
- salt, to taste
- a small bunch of fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- steamed rice, to serve
- Combine the stock, galangal and lemongrass in a medium saucepan. Gently bring to the boil. Simmer for about 10 minutes. Discard the galangal and lemongrass.
- Add the coconut milk and increase heat to medium. Add chicken, mushrooms and Kaffir Lime leaves. Simmer until the chicken has cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Add the fish sauce, lime juice, and red chillies. Taste for seasoning and add salt if necessary. There needs to be a balance of sour and salty.
- Serve over a generous portion of steamed rice, with a sprinkling of chopped coriander.
Source: Marmaduke Scarlet
Share It To Your Friends!