- 500g king prawns, peeled and deveined
- vegetable oil
- 1 fat green chilli, thinly sliced, to serve
- fresh coriander, roughly chopped, to serve
- 2.5 tbsp runny honey
- 1 tbsp tamarind paste
- boiling water (optional)
- 2 tsp ketjap manis or dark soy sauce
- salt to taste
- Whisk all the marinade ingredients together. You may need to loosen it with a splash of boiling water. Alternatively gently warm in a small saucepan until well-combined. However, it must be cool before you use it as a marinade. Season to taste.
- Pour the marinade over the prawns. Set aside in the fridge for at least 1 hour (but preferably a bit longer) before using.
- Drain the prawns and set aside, reserving the marinade.
- Pour the marinade into a small saucepan and bring to the boil. Simmer for about 1 minute before taking off the heat.
- Heat 2 to 3 tablespoons of oil in a large frying pan or wok. When the oil is very hot, pour in the drained prawns (you may need to do this in several batches). Stir-fry until the prawns are cooked through, stirring constantly (about 3 minutes). Sprinkle over the green chilli and fresh coriander, with the cooked marinade on the side.
Source: Marmaduke Scarlet Recipe
Share It To Your Friends!