Spicy Steamed Mussels In Miso Broth Recipe
- 1 pound live mussels
- 2 teaspoons cooking oil
- 1/2 onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 1 tomato, diced
- handful fresh leafy vegetable (like baby bok choy, cabbage or spinach)
- 2 cups vegetable broth
- 2 tablespoons Miso & Easy (or 1 tablespoon miso paste)
- 1 teaspoon hot chili sauce (like Sriracha), or more to taste
- 2 wedges lime
- Scrub the mussels and discard any with broken shells.
- Heat a wok or saute pan over medium-high heat and swirl in the cooking oil. Add the onions and saute for 2 minutes. Add in the ginger and garlic and cook until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add in the broth, miso and hot chili sauce and turn the heat to high.
- When simmering, add the tomatoes, vegetables and the mussels. Cover and let steam for 3 minutes or until the mussels have opened. Discard any mussels that have not opened. Serve with lime.
Source: Steamy Kitchen
Spicy Steamed Mussels In Miso Broth Recipe Reviewed by kuji hara on Monday, March 20, 2017 Rating: