- 1 tablespoon corn starch
- 3 tablespoons oyster sauce (sub hoisin for vegetarian)
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons Chinese black vinegar (or balsamic)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 6 cloves garlic, chopped
- 4 scallions, sliced into 1" pieces
- 8 dried small red chiles
- 4 cups chopped Chinese (Napa) cabbage stems
- 2 cups chopped Chinese (Napa) cabbage leaves
- In a small bowl, whisk the cornstarch together with 2 tablespoons of water. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk the oyster sauce, soy sauce, sugar, and balsamic vinegar.
- Heat the vegetable oil in a large wok or skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic, scallions and chilies; stir-fry for 60 seconds, until fragrant.
- Turn the heat up to high and add the cabbage stems. Saute for 2-3 minutes, until slightly softened. Add the cabbage leaves and prepared sauce; cook for 1 minute, tossing frequently.
- Stir the cornstarch mixture and add it to the pan. Stir fry for 1 minute until the sauce has thickened. Serve hot.
Source: The Wanderlust Kitchen
Share It To Your Friends!