Spanner Crabs With “Alavar” Sauce Recipe
- 2 spanner crabs, cleaned
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons crushed ginger
- 2 tablespoons crushed garlic
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 2 large red chilies, chopped
- 250 ml roasted coconut milk
- 250 ml canned coconut milk
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat the oil and saute the onions over medium heat until translucent and soft, around 10 minutes. Add the ginger and garlic and saute until fragrant, a minute or two.
- Then add the turmeric and fresh chilies. Add the roasted coconut milk (if using, otherwise, add a total of 500 ml regular coconut milk) and season to taste.
- For a smoother sauce, blend using a hand held stick blender. This is optional.
- Lastly, add the spanner crabs and cook for around 7 to 10 minutes until the crab meat is cooked through.
Spanner Crabs With “Alavar” Sauce Recipe Reviewed by kuji hara on Tuesday, March 14, 2017 Rating: