- 1.5 kilos beef ribs
- 50 ml olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 carrot, peeled, diced
- 1 celery, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 2 chorizos, cut into 1 cm pieces
- 2 teaspoons Spanish smoked paprika
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 170 ml white wine
- 600 ml beef stock
- 2 springs thyme
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoons chopped parsley plus stalks from the parsley
- salt and pepper to taste
- Season the beef with salt and pepper and place on a baking tray in a pre-heated fan forced oven for 25 minutes at 210 c to brown.
- In a large pot, fry the onion, carrot and celery in the olive oil over high heat, until the vegetables have softened (around 7 minutes), making sure to season with salt and pepper.
- Add the garlic and the chorizos and cook until the chorizos until they are nicely browned, around 5 minutes. Add the paprika and flour, then cook for another two minutes.
- Add the white wine and cook until the liquid is reduced by half. Now, add the stock, thyme, bay leaves and parsley stalks. Finally, add the browned beef. Bring the heat down so that the liquid is only simmering and cook for around an hour and a half until the ribs are tender and falling off the bone. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Serve with crusty bread or roast potatoes.
Share It To Your Friends!