Shrimp Curry (In A Hurry) Recipe
- 1/2 cup uncooked white rice
- 1 cup water
- 1/4 cup all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons curry powder
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ginger
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped carrots
- 4 button mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 cup peas (thawed, if frozen)
- 1/2 pound raw shrimp, peeled, deveined, and patted dry
- In a large saucepan, add the rice and water. Bring to a boil. Turn the heat down to low and cover with a lid. Simmer 10-15 minutes or until all of the water is absorbed. Fluff with a fork.
- While the rice is cooking, in a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, curry powder, sugar, salt, and ginger.
- In a large skillet, melt the butter. Add the onion, carrots, and mushrooms. Cook 5 minutes or until soft. Add the flour mixture and stir to form a roux (similar to a paste). Whisk in the chicken broth and milk, trying to smooth the sauce as much as possible. Bring to a boil, whisking often until it thickens, about 5 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice, peas, and shrimp. Cover and cook 5 minutes or until the shrimp are pink and cooked all the way through. Serve over the cooked rice.
Source: Chocolate Moosey
Shrimp Curry (In A Hurry) Recipe Reviewed by kuji hara on Wednesday, March 01, 2017 Rating: