- 1 1/2 cup glutinous or sweet rice flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 can condensed milk, 14 oz
- 1 can coconut milk (thick), about 2 cups
- Ube extract or purple food color
- 1/4 to 1/2 cup cooked and mashed/shredded ube (optional)
- Langka extract or yellow food color
- 1/4 cup Langka or ripe jackfruit, sliced thinly (optional)
- 1 can coconut cream for latik, about 2 cups (coconut milk is fine too)
- Prepare your steamer and cover the lid with cloth to absorb moisture while steaming.
- In a mixing bowl combine, glutinous or sweet rice flour and sugar. Mix until well combined. Add the coconut milk, and condensed milk. Whisk until all ingredients are incorporated and smooth. Divide the mixture into three.
- In the first mixture, add drops of purple food coloring or ube extract until desired color is achieved. If using some cooked ube(mashed), you can add it now and whisk until well combined.
- Add drops of yellow food coloring or langka extract to the second mixture. Whisk until desired color is reached. Add the chopped ripe jackfruit or langka (if using). Then continue mixing until smooth.
- The third mixture will be plain so just leave it as is.
- Grease a baking pan with latik oil or butter. Pour the purple mixture and steam for about 20 minutes or until firm and toothpick inserted comes out clean.
- Add the yellow mixture. Steam for another 20-25 minutes. Make sure layer is firm before you add the next mixture.
- When the yellow layer is firm, pour the white mixture over and steam for an additional 25-30 minutes or until firm. Please note that cooking time varies depending on your steamer and heat applied.
- Turn off heat and let it cool down for a few minutes. Gently run a knife or spatula(brushed with oil) on the side of the baking pan to prevent the mixture from sticking. Put a flat serving plate on top of pan and turn it over to transfer the sapin sapin. The top will now be the purple layer. Brush with latik oil and slice into serving pieces. Top with latik.
- Share and enjoy!
Source: Pinoy Favorites
Share It To Your Friends!