Rellenong Bangus Recipe
- 1 big bangus (milkfish)
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 onion chopped
- 2 tomatoes, diced
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 small carrot, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 4 tablespoons of cooking oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- ham, finely chopped
- cooked peas
- Scale and remove the intestines of the bangus.
- With a very sharp knife, slowly remove the meat of the fish from the skin through the opening cavity below
- the head. Remove the spine by snapping off the bone at the base of the tail and head. Use a long spoon to
- scrape all the meat from the skin.
- Marinate the head and skin in lemon juice, soy sauce and pepper.
- Boil in 1/2 cup of water the bangus meat with some salt for 5 minutes.
- Sauté the garlic and onions until slightly brown then add the tomatoes and carrots until tender.
- Add the chopped ham, cooked peas, raisins and the bangus meat to the mixture. Cook for an additional 5
- minutes. Salt and pepper to taste.
- Add a beaten egg to the sauté and mix well.
- Stuff the mixture inside the bangus skin and head. Sew the cavity if needed.
- Fry in oil until golden brown.
- slice slightly diagonal (1 1/2 inch thick) and serve.
Source: Filipino Food Recipes
Rellenong Bangus Recipe Reviewed by kuji hara on Tuesday, March 14, 2017 Rating: