Pork-Bean Soup Recipe
- 1 Tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 lb pork tenderloin, trimmed, cut in (1″) pieces
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 tsp paprika, preferably smoked
- 1/4 tsp crushed red pepper, or to taste
- 1 cup white wine
- 4 Roma tomatoes, chopped
- 4 cups low-sodium chicken broth
- 1 bunch kale, ribs removed, chopped,
- (about 8 cups, lightly packed)
- 1 (15 oz) can white beans, drained, rinsed
- Heat oil in a Dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add in the pork, sprinkle with salt and cook, stirring once or twice until no longer pink on the outside, about 2 minutes. Transfer to a plate with tongs, leaving juices in the pot.
- Add onion to the pot and cook, stirring often, until just beginning to brown, 2 to 3 minutes. Add in garlic, paprika and crushed red pepper (if using). Cook, stirring constantly, until fragrant, about 30 seconds. Add the wine and tomatoes, increase heat to high and stir to scrape up any browned bits. Add broth and bring to a boil.
- Add the kale and stir just until it wilts. Reduce heat to maintain a lively simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, until kale is just tender, about 4 minutes. Stir in the beans, the reserved pork and any accumulated juices; simmer until beans and pork are heated through, about 2 minutes.
Source: World Wide Recipe
Pork-Bean Soup Recipe Reviewed by kuji hara on Friday, March 10, 2017 Rating: