Pinakbet Or Pakbet Ilocano Recipe
- 1/4 kg. sitaw – cut into 2 inches long (if you’re living abroad and sitaw /long beans is not available, you can substitute it with green beans)
- 1/4 kg. medium sized eggplant – sliced thinly diagonally
- 1/4 kg. squash – sliced into cubes
- 1 medium sized ampalaya – sliced diagonally
- 10 pcs. small sized okra
- 4 pcs. siling haba (chili fingers/banana peppers)
- 2 medium sized tomatoes – sliced finely
- 2 medium sized onions – sliced finely
- 3 cloves garlic – crushed and minced
- 1/4 cup patani – peeled
- 1 finger of ginger – crushed
- 1/2 kg. pork chop – sliced into strips
- 1/4 cup fish bagoong sauce
- 1 cup of water
- Saute garlic until golden brown, followed by the onion, tomato and ginger.
- Add the pork and fish bagoong sauce. Mix well and saute until the pork turns into light brown.
- Add the patani, sitaw and kalabasa, mix carefully then add the water. Simmer for 3-5 minutes.
- Add the okra and simmer for another 2-4 minutes.
- Add the ampalaya and eggplant, cover the pot and simmer for another 2-4 minutes. Mix carefully, taste it and add more fish bagoong sauce if desired.
- Ready to serve with steamed rice. Serve it hot, enjoy!
Pinakbet Or Pakbet Ilocano Recipe Reviewed by kuji hara on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 Rating: