Minatamis Na Saba (Sweetened Saba Bananas) Recipe
- 10 fingers Saba, peeled and sliced crosswise, about 1/2" thick
- 2T lemon juice
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 cup water
- 1 tsp. vanilla (optional)
- 1 c sago (tapioca pearls) blanched with boiling water
- condensed milk
- cinnamon powder
- Combine water and brown sugar in a pot and heat to boil over medium heat.
- While waiting for the water to boil, sprinkle the lemon juice over the saba bananas.
- Add in bananas and vanilla when mixture boils and turn heat down.
- Allow to simmer for 5-7 minutes or until the liquid is reduced and becomes syrupy.
- Add in sago and simmer for a few minutes more.
- Serve it topped with condensed milk and cinnamon powder.
Source: The (Mis)adventure Of Superboink
Minatamis Na Saba (Sweetened Saba Bananas) Recipe Reviewed by kuji hara on Friday, March 17, 2017 Rating: