Meat Stuffed Potato Pancakes Recipe
- 1½ lbs (5 medium) potatoes (we used yukon gold), peeled
- 1 medium onion, peeled and divided (use ¾ for potatoes and ¼ for meat filling)
- 1 large egg
- 3 Tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 Tbsp sour cream
- 1 tsp salt, or to taste
- ⅛ tsp black pepper, or taste
- Cooking oil (we use light olive oil)
- ½ lb ground pork
- 1 Tbsp reserved grated onion (see above)
- ¼ tsp salt and a pinch of black pepper, or to taste
- Into a large bowl, grate potatoes on the star grater. It should be the consistency of applesauce. Use a spoon to skim off any excess potato liquid that floats to the top. Note: If grating by hand, protect your fingers and use safety gloves.
- Grate onion into the same bowl (reserving 1 Tbsp grated onion for the meat mixture). Onion will keep potatoes from browning.
- Add 1 egg, 3 Tbsp flour, 1 Tbsp sour cream, 1 tsp salt and ⅛ tsp black pepper and stir well.
- Mix together ground pork, 1 Tbsp reserved grated onion, ¼ tsp salt and black pepper to taste. Form into 16 skinny patties and place them on a clean surface.
- Heat a large non-stick skillet over medium heat and add 2-3 Tbsp oil. Once oil is hot, add 1 Tbsp of the mixture at a time into the skillet, flattening it out. Top with a thin meat patty and cover the meat with another Tablespoon of potato batter. Saute until potatoes are golden brown then flip and continue sautéing until golden brown and cooked through (about 4 min per side). Repeat with remaining batter, adding more oil as needed. Remove to a paper-towel lined plate and server warm with sour cream.
Source: Natasha's Kitchen
Meat Stuffed Potato Pancakes Recipe Reviewed by kuji hara on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 Rating: