- 1 lb. ground pork
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 medium onion
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 2 cups carrots (shredded or minced)
- 1 1/2 cups cabbage (minced)
- 2 tbsp cooking oil
- salt to taste
- additional pepper to taste
- 1 package egg roll wrapper
- 3-4 cups oil for frying
- Heat oil in a pan and add garlic. Saute until fragrant.
- Add the onions and stir until soft.
- Add the ground pork and continue stirring for about 5 minutes.
- Add the soy sauce, pepper and garlic powder and sugar. Mix thoroughly until all ingredients are incorporated. Cook for about 5 more minutes.
- Add the cabbage and stir for about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the carrots. Mix thoroughly and cook for additional 5 minutes.
- Sprinkle with some salt to taste. You can also sprinkle some more pepper if you want.
- Put in a bowl and let it cool for just a little bit.
- Meanwhile, prepare your Lumpia wrapper.
- Wrap the mixture using the egg roll wrappers. This is done by placing about a 1 1/2-2 tbsp of mixture in the middle of the wrapper. Fold the two corners and roll. Brush some water on the last corner to seal the wrapper.
- Heat 3-4 cups of cooking oil in a wok or a deep pan. Deep fry the egg rolls in medium heat until the color turns golden brown.
- Remove from the fryer and let excess oil drip.
- Transfer to a serving plate. Serve with sweet and sour sauce.
- Share this lumpia recipe and enjoy!
Source: Pinoy Favorites
Share It To Your Friends!