- 5 lbs beef tongue, cleaned and thinly sliced (preferable tongue is less than 3 lbs so it’s easier to soften)
- 3 – 9 oz cans whole button mushroom
- 2 large onions, chopped
- 2 – 30 oz campbell’s cream of mushroom (or 6 small cans)
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 2 pcs bay leaf
- ¼ cup soy sauce
- ½ cup butter
- 10 cups water
- fish sauce to season
- Rinse tongue to remove slime and scum. Pressure cook for 25 minutes. If using traditional method, in a pot, boil tongue in water until outer skin cracks and peels off. (This step should also soften the meat, add more time if tongue is still tough) After pressure cooking or boiling, rinse tongue in cool water. Peel off outer skin and rinse.
- Slice tongue crosswise, approx ¼ inch thin.
- Combine sliced tongue, whole button mushroom, water, onion, bay leaf soy sauce and butter. Bring to a boil and let it simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add evaporated milk and stir. Add cream of mushroom while stirring until it is dissolved well. Bring to a boil for another 5 minutes.
- Season with fish sauce.
- Serve with mashed potatoes and veggies or steamed rice.
Source: Pinoy Townhall
Share It To Your Friends!