- 3 lbs pork belly
- 10-12 cloves of garlic
- 1 small purple onion, sliced
- 2 stalks lemongrass, tied
- 2-3 teaspoons sea salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- olive oil or cooking oil
- extra salt for the skin
- Clean the pork belly properly. Gently wipe the skin with paper towel.
- Lay flat in a container, skin side down. Season the meat with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- In a small bowl, mix together garlic and onions. Add about 1-2 tsp olive oil and mix thoroughly.
- Arrange the lemon grass and onion-garlic mixture onto the middle of your seasoned belly.
- Roll belly into a log and tie with cooking string.
- Rub a little bit of oil on the skin and sprinkle some salt. Cover and marinate in the fridge overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Bake the pork belly for 2 hours, covered with foil.
- After 2 hours, turn up the heat to 375 degrees F and continue baking, uncovered, for 1-2 more hours or until the skin turns golden brown and crispy.
- You have the option to brush the skin with evaporated milk during the last hour of cooking, just about 2-3 times. This will help improve the color of the skin.
- Serve with your favorite lechon sauce and enjoy!
Source: Pinoy Favorites
Share It To Your Friends!