Healthy Fresh Lumpia Recipe
- 1 lb ground pork,browned and fat draine,
- 1/2 lb shrimp,shelled
- 3 firm tofu,fried and cut into cubes
- 1 lg onion,sliced
- 3 cloves garlic,crushed
- 1 lb turnips,cut into strips
- 1 lb potatoes,cut into cubes
- 2 lb pole beans,cleaned and cut crosswise
- 1 bn lettuce (not iceberg)
- 2 tsp. soy sauce
- 4 tsp. vegetable oil
- salt and pepper
- 2 tsp. fish sauce (patis),optional
- 2 tsp. accent salt,optional
- 1 lumpia wrappers
- For the stock, boil the shrimp shells in 1 1/2 cups water. Saute the garlic, onions, ground port, shrimp, and tofu. Add the potatoes and 1/2 cup stock.
- Cook for 10 minutes, stirring constantly. Add the beans and cook for another 5 - 10 minutes. Then add turnips, soy sauce, vegetable oil, salt and pepper (to taste), and fish sauce.
- Continue to stir and cook for 5 more minutes. Drain and save the broth for the dipping sauce.
- Allow the mixture to cool. Separate the lumpia wrappers carefully. Line one end of the wrapper with a small piece of lettuce so that the lettuce pokes out a little bit - this is the top of the roll. Use 2 tbsp. of the mixture for filling (this will be a fatter roll than for fried lumpia) on top of the lettuce and roll the wrapper.
- Close the bottom end of the roll by folding it and securing it with a little water. Wrap each roll with wax paper.
- Makes 2 dozen, depending on size of roll. Spread garlic sauce (below) liberally over lumpia.
Source: Pinoy Recipes Online
Healthy Fresh Lumpia Recipe Reviewed by kuji hara on Friday, March 24, 2017 Rating: