General Tso’s Sweet Chili Baked Chicken Strips Recipe
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 2 tablespoons sweet chili sauce
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1 boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut into strips
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 cup cornflake cereal, crushed
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
For the sauce
- In a medium saucepan, combine the chicken stock, soy sauce, vinegar, sweet chili sauce, sugar, and cornstarch. Bring to a boil and cook for a few minutes or until slightly thickened. Reserve 1/4 cup sauce for dipping.
- For the chicken
- Preheat the oven to 400F. Place a wire/cooling rack inside a cookie sheet. Set aside.
- In one bowl, pour the buttermilk. In another bowl, mix together the crushed cereal, garlic powder, and salt. Dip each chicken strip into the milk then coat with the cereal mixture. Place on the cookie sheet. Repeat with the remaining chicken.
- Bake 18-20 minutes or until brown and cooked fully. After baking, immediately toss into remaining sauce. Serve immediately.
Source: Chocolate Moosey
General Tso’s Sweet Chili Baked Chicken Strips Recipe Reviewed by kuji hara on Wednesday, March 01, 2017 Rating: