Garlic Crusted Chicken Recipe
- 2 chicken breasts, trimmed of excess fat
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- Black pepper
- Italian seasoning or mixed herbs
- Lemon pepper
- Garlic powder
- 4 tbsp lemon juice, separated
- ⅓ cup white wine
- ¼ cup lemon juice
- 1 tbsp butter
- To make the chicken breasts thinner, cut in half as if you’re going to butterfly them, but cut all the way through. Season one side of the chicken pieces with salt, black pepper, Italian seasoning or mixed herbs, lemon pepper, and garlic powder.
- Heat olive oil over medium heat in a large skillet. Once hot, add the minced garlic and cook until lightly browned.
- Add the chicken on top of the garlic in the skillet, seasoned side down. Season the chicken again. After about 3 minutes, or until cooking side is just starting to brown, flip the chicken. Season the chicken again, but don’t use the salt and black pepper. Once just starting to brown, flip the chicken and add 2 tablespoons of lemon juice over the chicken. Season again, again not using salt and black pepper. After another 3 minutes, flip the chicken again, add remaining 2 tablespoons lemon juice, and season again, not using salt and black pepper. Let cook for another 3-5 minutes, or until completely cooked through. Remove to a plate.
- To make the optional pan sauce, keep the skillet on medium heat and add the white wine. Stir it around to pick up anything stuck to the pan. Add the lemon juice and butter and bring to a simmer. Let simmer for five minutes or so or until the sauce has thickened. Pour over the chicken.
Source:A Duck's Oven
Garlic Crusted Chicken Recipe Reviewed by kuji hara on Wednesday, March 08, 2017 Rating: