- 250 gms medium size fresh suahe, washed
- 1/4 cup butter (do not use margarine, it will affect the flavor of the dish)
- 1 medium size white onion or 1/2 cup when minced
- 2 Tbps crushed garlic (or as much as you want)
- 1 stalk leeks or spring 1/4 cup spring onion cut into 2 inches in length
- salt and pepper
- In a pan (frying pan will do) over medium heat, melt butter and add garlic. Cook until slightly brown.
- Add onion, and cook until transparent and caramelized
- Now add your shrimps, salt and pepper. Careful on the salt. If you use salted butter, you will need just a few dash of salt.
- NOTE: Shrimp will release it's natural juices so no need to add water.
- Simmer shrimp (covered) for about 3 to 5 minutes or until it changes color to bright orange. Keep an eye on your shrimp as you do not want it to overcook. Over cooked shrimps becomes tough and rubbery.
- Lastly, add your leeks or spring onion. Mix and remove from heat.
- Serve hot and enjoy with steamed rice.
Source: My Twisted Recipes
Share It To Your Friends!