Everyday Menudo Recipe
- 500 grams pork kasim or pigue, washed and drained
- 250 grams pork liver, washed and drained
- 1½ teaspoons Lea and Perrins Worcestershire Sauce
- 1½ teaspoons calamansi juice
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 medium-sized tomatoes, chopped
- 1 small red bell pepper, diced
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon patis, optional
- 2 ½ cups water
- 2 small potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 small can green peas, drained (about 155 grams)
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- sugar, optional
- Cut pork kasim (or pigue) and liver into ¾-inch cubes. Place in a bowl and add the Lea and Perrins Worcestershire Sauce, calamansi juice and black pepper. Set aside for a few minutes.
- Pour the cooking oil into a sauté pan or wok. Place pan over medium-high heat then sauté the onion until transparent. Add the garlic and cook until aromatic. Add the tomatoes and sauté for another 3 to 5 minutes.
- Stir in the pork kasim (or pigue) and liver. Cook until lightly browned. Add the red bell pepper, soy sauce and patis, if desired. Saute for 2 to 3 minutes then add the water. Bring to a boil then lower heat to a simmer. Cook until meat is tender. Add the potatoes and simmer until done. Stir in the green peas. Season with salt, black pepper and sugar, if desired. Serve hot.
Source: Pinoy Cravings
Everyday Menudo Recipe Reviewed by kuji hara on Friday, March 24, 2017 Rating: