- 5 egg yolks
- ¼ cup white sugar
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- 1 1/2 cups whole milk
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of kosher salt
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- Cream the egg yolks and sugars together in a large mixing bowl until light in color. Whisk the whole milk into the mixture until well-combined.
- Transfer the mixture to a large saucepan and set over medium heat. Cook, stirring frequently, until the mixture is thick enough to coat the back of a wooden spoon; about 8 to 10 minutes.
- Pour the hot custard mixture through a sieve and into a medium bowl. Whisk in the nutmeg, cinnamon, salt, and heavy cream. Cover and refrigerate until chilled; at least two hours.
- Freeze according to the manufacturer’s instructions for your ice-cream maker model. For KitchenAid, turn the mixer on to ‘stir’ then pour in the mixture and churn for 20 to 30 minutes (or until you reach your desired consistency). Scrape the soft serve ice cream into a freezer-safe air-tight container and freeze until solid.
Source: The Wanderlust Kitchen
Share It To Your Friends!