Crispy Onion Rings Cheeseburger Recipe
for the burger patties
- 500g beef mince
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 1 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, beaten
- handful chopped parsley
- 1 teaspoon salt
- pepper to taste
- 2 large onions, sliced into 1cm rings
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 1x 330ml can beer
- pinch of salt
- oil, for frying
- Hellmann's mayonnaise
- Fresh bread buns, halved and toasted
- fresh lettuce
- sliced cheese
- sliced tomato
- For the burger patties, fry the onion and garlic until soft and fragrant then remove from the pan and allow to cool.
- Mix the onion mixture with the remaining patty ingredients then form 4 burgers and place in the fridge for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, cook the burgers on a hot griddle/frying pan until cooked to your liking. Remove from the pan and allow to rest, covered, for 5-10 minutes.
- For the onion rings, heat enough oil for deep frying in a saucepan.
- In a bowl, combine the flour and salt then whisk in the beer until you have a thick, smooth batter. You might not need all the beer. I used around ¾ of a 330ml can for my batter.
- Coat the onion rings in flour and then in the batter then fry in the hot oil until golden brown and crisp.
- Remove from the oil and drain on kitchen paper.
- To make the burgers, add a generous dollop of Hellmann's to the bottom half of the toasted bun then top the lettuce, tomato, patty and a slice of cheese. Add the onion rings then sandwich the the top piece of the bun.
- Serve immediately.
Source: Simply Delicious
Crispy Onion Rings Cheeseburger Recipe Reviewed by kuji hara on Tuesday, March 21, 2017 Rating: