Corned Beef And Cabbage Stew Recipe
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, sliced thin, about 1/2 cups worth
- 4-5 celery stalks, sliced thin, about 2 cups worth
- 2 large russet potatoes, chopped into 1/2" pieces, about 3 cups worth
- 3 cups cooked corned beef, cut into 1/2" pieces
- 6 cups chicken broth (or 6 cups water, plus 2 tablespoons chicken base)
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper, plus more to taste
- 1 small head green cabbage, quartered and then sliced thin, about 6 cups worth
- kosher salt, only as needed (my stew did not need any additional salt)
- Heat the oil in a large pot over medium high heat. Add the onion and begin sautéing it while you slice the celery. Add the celery and cook together until almost tender. Slice the potatoes and the corned beef and then add to the pot along with the broth, Worcestershire and pepper. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer for about 10-15 minutes, until the potatoes are tender.
- While the stew is simmering, slice the cabbage. When the potatoes are tender, add the cabbage and stir for about a minute to soften it slightly. Remove from the heat and serve. Enjoy!
Source: Bare Feet In the Kitchen
Corned Beef And Cabbage Stew Recipe Reviewed by kuji hara on Monday, March 06, 2017 Rating: