Chinese Style Beef Broccoli Recipe
- 1 ½ pounds broccoli, cut into florets
- ½ pound mushrooms, sliced
- 1 pound flank steak, sliced thin across the grain
- 1 slice ginger, smashed
- 1 clove garlic, smashed
- 3 Tbsp. oil, for frying
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 1 Tbsp. oyster sauce
- 1 Tbsp. sherry
- 1 tsp. sugar
- 1 tsp. cornstarch
- 2 Tbsp. cornstarch
- ½ tsp. kosher salt
- 1 cup chicken broth
- Slice the meat across the grain into thin slices.
- Place the beef in a bowl and add soy sauce, oyster sauce, sherry, sugar and cornstarch. Stir to mix well. Set aside
- Clean broccoli and cook in boiling water for 2 minutes. Drain and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking.
- Heat a wok on high. Add 2 Tbsp. oil; place ginger and garlic into the hot oil and cook until fragrant. Carefully place meat in the hot wok. Spread out, but don’t stir. Allow to brown for 2 minutes. Flip meat over and cook to a med-rare. Remove from the wok. Set aside.
- In the same wok, stir fry the broccoli and the mushrooms with 1 Tbsp. oil. Cook for 2- 3 minutes, to heat the broccoli. Add back the meat and the gravy mix (stir well before adding). Bring to a boil and cook for a couple of minutes to let the gravy thicken.
- Serve over noodles or with rice.
Source: Cook With Susan
Chinese Style Beef Broccoli Recipe Reviewed by kuji hara on Sunday, March 19, 2017 Rating: