Chicken Stir-Fry In Peanut Sauce Recipe
- 2-3 Tbs olive oil or coconut oil
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 large red bell pepper, sliced thinly
- 2 medium carrots, cut into matchsticks
- 2 cups thinly shredded cabbage
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- Handful of snow pea pods
- 1 onion, diced
- 4 chicken breasts, thinly sliced
- 2-3 tsp curry paste, hot or mild, to taste (I use red curry paste)
- 1 Tbs fresh ginger, grated
- 4 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 cup hot chicken broth
- ¼ cup smooth natural peanut butter
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1 Tbs fresh lime juice (about half of a lime)
- 1 pkt Stevia (or 1 tsp sugar)
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes, adjust to taste
- 1 Tbs cornstarch + 2 Tbs water, mixed
**NOTE: Vegetable types are adjustable based on what you have on hand (or what your family will eat).
- Mix together sauce ingredients. Set aside. Cut vegetables and chicken and set aside.
- Heat 1 Tbs oil over high heat in a wok or large skillet. Cook the vegetables in small batches until crisp-tender (but slightly undercooked). Remove from pan and set aside.
- Stir curry paste and ginger into sliced chicken. Add 1 Tbs additional oil to hot wok. Stir in chicken and cook until tender, about 5 minutes. Stir in garlic. Cook 1 additional minute.
- Add sauce mixture (stir first to incorporate cornstarch) to pan with the chicken. Cook until slightly thickened. Return vegetables to pan and heat through.
- Serve over white or brown rice.
Source: No Empty Chairs
Chicken Stir-Fry In Peanut Sauce Recipe Reviewed by kuji hara on Wednesday, March 29, 2017 Rating: