Chicken Sopas Recipe
- 3-4 lbs chicken quarters
- 10 cups water
- 2 bay leaves
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 lb shell pasta
- 2 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 large onion
- 1 large carrot, thinly sliced
- ½ head cabbage, chopped
- 1 chicken bouillon
- 2 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 (400 ml) can of evaporated milk
- 1 head garlic, toasted
- 6 stalks of green onion, chopped
- Or kinchay if available
- Prepare the chicken. Put the chicken ingredients in a stock pot and boil for 30 minutes. Get the chicken out, cool and shred the meat. Set aside the chicken. Spoon out the bay and discard.
- In the same pot and using the same liquid, cook the pasta according to package direction. Scoop out the pasta using a metal strainer and set aside. Save the stock for later use.
- In a separate pot, heat the oil on medium and sauté onion until translucent. Add the carrot and cook for 2 minutes. Pour the stock, milk and bouillon. Season with fish sauce and pepper. Bring to a quick boil, about 7-10 minutes. Then, add cabbage and cook for 2 minutes more. Turn off heat. Put the shredded chicken, toasted garlic and green onions.
- To serve, spoon some pasta into a serving bowl and ladle soup into it.
Source: Qwek Qwek
Chicken Sopas Recipe Reviewed by kuji hara on Friday, March 31, 2017 Rating: