- 1 lb (20-25 count) large shrimp, peeled and deveined (tails on or off)
- ¼ to ⅓ cup mayonnaise
- Garlic powder, to taste
- Black pepper, freshly ground, to taste
- 4 oz Mexican blend shredded cheese
- Fresh parsley, finely chopped (optional garnish)
- Prep: Preheat Oven to 350˚F. Line a rimmed baking sheet (I used a silpat liner).
- Pat dry shrimp with paper towels then butterfly using a sharp paring knife. Cut about halfway into the shrimp along the inside curved center of the shrimp then fan shrimp open and lay it cut-side-up on baking sheet.
- Use a butter knife or basting brush to spread ¼ to ½ tsp of mayo onto each shrimp.
- Season shrimp with garlic powder and black pepper.
- Divide the cheese evenly over the shrimp and bake at 350˚F for 10-12 minutes, depending on size of shrimp. Butterflied shrimp cook quickly and if you overcook shrimp, they will toughen so remove 1 shrimp and test for doneness at 10 minutes. Transfer to a serving platter and enjoy!
Source: Natasha's Kitchen
Share It To Your Friends!