for the cheese-stuffed chicken meatballs
- 500g chicken mince/ground chicken
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- ½ teaspoon chilli flakes (optional)
- 1 egg yolk
- ¾ cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon pepper
- 100g firm mozzarella, cubed
- 1 red onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ teaspoon dried rosemary
- ½ teaspoon dried thyme
- 2 x 400g (14oz) cans chopped tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon Balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar (optional)
- salt & pepper to taste
- fresh basil
- To make the meatballs, combine the chicken, parsley, chives, garlic, chilli flakes, egg yolk, breadcrumbs, salt and pepper in a bowl and mix well.
- With wet hands (this prevents the chicken from sticking to your hands), take tablespoons of chicken mix and add a cube of mozzarella to the center. Shape into meatballs.
- Place in the fridge to chill for 15 minutes.
- To make the sauce, saute the onion and garlic in a splash of olive oil until soft and translucent.
- Add the herbs and fry for another minute before adding the tomatoes, Balsamic, sugar, salt and pepper.
- Turn down the heat and allow to simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- To cook the meatballs, heat a large, non-stick frying pan over high heat and add a splash of oil.
- Fry the meatballs until golden brown and cooked through.
- Transfer the meatballs to the tomato sauce and allow to cook gently for 10 minutes.
- Season to taste and serve topped with fresh basil and Parmesan.
Source: Siply Delicious
Share It To Your Friends!